.US Nexus Requirements
- Any U.S. citizen or resident, as well as any business
or organization, including federal, state, and local
government with a bona fide presence in the United States
can register a .US domain name.
- One of the following eligibility requirements must be met:
- A natural person who is a citizen or permanent
resident of the United States of America or any of its
possessions or territories or whose primary place of
domicile is in the United States of America or any of its
- Any entity or organization that is incorporated within
one of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of
Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or
territories or organized or otherwise constituted under
the laws of a state of the United States of America, the
District of Columbia, or any of its possessions or
- An entity or organization (including federal, state,
or local government of the United States, or a political
subdivision thereof) that has a bona fide presence in the
United States. See Section B.3.1 of the NeuStar proposal
to the Department of Commerce for details concerning what
constitutes a "bona fide presence."
- More information on the eligibility requirements can
be found here: http://www.neustar.us/policies/docs/ustld_nexus_requirements.pdf.