Verifying Your Identity
When you request a GeoTrust True BusinessID certificate, GeoTrust will verify the
identity of the business entity responsible for the Internet domain name
for which the certificate is requested. Before proceeding through the
enrollment process, you should know what information you will need to
provide in order for our team to complete the verification process.
You must make sure that the following items consistently match in order
to have your server certificate order processed:
- The Registrant listed in the WHOIS records for the domain name in question
- The Organization appearing in your "Proof of Organization" documents or DUNS number
- The Organization entered into the CSR (Certificate Signing Request)
There are five steps in the True BusinessID ordering process. After
completing the enrollment process in Step 3, you will be requested to
fax your Proof of Organization information and domain name registration
record to Geotrust. If any of the above items do not match or are not
submitted, the processing of your certificate request will be delayed.
Acceptable documents for Proof of Organization include:
- Dun and Bradstreet DUNS number
- Articles of Incorporation
- Business License
- Doing Business As (DBA) registration
- Partnership documentation
- Sole Proprietorship documentation
If you represent a Government Department, Non-Government Organization,
or a University, then you should:
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Call us at: 1-866-436-8787
- Note: All documents must be provided in English or with an English translation.
GeoTrust must receive all of your information before your order can be
completed. Once you have submitted these documents, they will not be
required again unless the organization or common name changes.
In addition, we may contact your state or local government to confirm
that your organization is in "Good Standing".