QuickSSL Certificate Order Process
QuickSSL offers true 128-bit encryption at a fraction of what you'd pay
for other SSL solutions and you don't have to wait days for SSL
security; GeoTrust QuickSSL offers airtight Internet protection in about
Your QuickSSL certificate can be obtained and ready to install on your
server within about 10 minutes of placing your order at Rackshare.
Before proceeding through the order process, you should know what
information you will need to provide in order for the GeoTrust team to
complete the verification process.
Ordering Your QuickSSL web server certificate is a Five Step process:
1: Check WHOIS Information for Your Domain
- When you request a QuickSSL certificate, GeoTrust will verify the
order by asking you to confirm an "Approval Message." The
Approval Message will be sent to the Administrative Contact of your
domain name as listed in the WHOIS record, or another email address at
your domain such as webmaster@yourdomain, admin@yourdomain or ssladmin@yourdomain. You will specify the Approval
Email Address at the time of your order in Step 3.
- Step 2: Generate CSR
- Create a Certificate Signing Request on your web server. Instructions are available for
creating CSR keys on many commercial and freeware servers.
- Step 3: Order Your Certificate
- Once you have generated a Certificate Signing Request, you are ready
to place your
- Within seconds of completing your order, a Verification message will
be sent to the Approver Email address you chose at the time of your
order. Follow the instructions in the email for verifying your order,
and you will recieve your QuickSSL certificate within minutes of
verifying your order..
- Step 4: Install SSL Certificate
- You will receive your Geotrust True BusinessID SSL certificate
within 2 to 3 business days. Now you can install the SSL certificate on
your web server and begin using the security of a true 128-bit
True BusinessID SSL certificate!
- Step 5: Install True Site
- If you have ordered the standard QuickSSL certificate, your order is complete.
- If you have ordered the QuickSSL Premium service, you can now
install the True Site seal on your web site by
placing simple HTML codes into your web pages.